I think it’s time for a “big” kit project… I was thinking of finishing up the Lilith , but got stuck on coming up with an idea for a base. The other alternative is to do the Sorayama Amazon (link contains nudity) with the wet tricks I did with Ayanami, that’d also kick butt. Or Griffith on Horse from Berserk, which I have been very tempted to start on lately. The last option wins out for now, since it’s work-safe and I needed something in my office 🙂
On such a large kit surface preparation is almost exclusively done with a rotatary tool, I’m just starting to get a hang of it. The horse is probably going to be a lot of trouble, because it’s wrapped in a cape of sorts, and so there’ll be a lot of masking and puttying when I install the cape pieces after painting the horse’s body. The cliff base is cast in polystone, and I didn’t realize it, but the core is empty. So little horse can’t really stand securely 🙁 Therefore I’m filling it with plaster of paris.